Friday, November 17, 2006

regarding Spartan basketball

This is a funny moment, and I feel obligated to share. Given the recent political problems, the office has been closed a lot lately. The protesters have agreed to stand down for a few days, so I have come into the office on Saturday to catch up on some work. Supposedly.

MSU is playing at Madison Square Garden right now. I know this because I went on to ESPN.com, and I am reloading the page every thirty seconds to keep track of the score. There are thirty seconds left and we are down by three points. I am visibly anxious.

I wonder what the people in the cubicle next to me think. Hunched over my computer screen like my life depends on what I see there. I almost let out a whoop when we scored back to back threes.

As much as I love being in Bangladesh, I also love my NCAA sports. It's funny when different parts of life come together. I wish I had more time to wax philosophical right now, but the games almost over.

Go Green!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:-D i know exactly what you mean. kind of. more to the point, i get it because sometimes i try to tell friends about michigan football, and they stare at me blankly and then wonder why i waste my time.
how does one explain?

jo. said...

go big ten. it's a shame we always lose the acc/big ten challenge.