Saturday, July 07, 2007

in which Tim reports on his travels

Not the most interesting of travels (yet), but still exciting. I am presently sitting in a friends living room in Lansing after just having finished standing up for my friend Matt's wedding in Flint. Tomorrow I depart by car for DC to spend a few days as a tourist, and after that will return home by train. It's something of a whirl wind journey across America, and I am thoroughly enjoying it.

The wedding was fantastic. I have found that weddings can often be little more than ordeals that involve a lot of waiting around, making awkward conversation with people you don't know, and having to smile for pictures you will never see, all while wearing very uncomfortable clothes. This wedding included no shortage of waiting around, picture taking, or uncomfortable clothes (I am not sure that the tux I wore will be usable anymore after all the sweat I poured into it...), but it was all made bearable and even pleasurable by the warmth of the families and the presence of some of my best friends.

Now I should sleep. I am going to my old church tomorrow morning, which I am looking forward to. My web access will be sporadic over the next several days, so if you need to speak with me, hit up the cellephone. Peace out, and congratulations Matt and Libby. I anticipate that my friendship with you in your married life will be even more joyful than it was before (if that is possible).

No comments: